Benefits Of Freeform Lenses:
1. They provide maximized visual acuity at all distances with wider intermediate and near zones.
2. There is minimal visual ‘swim and sway’.
3. Low level of unwanted astigmatism.
4. Atoric designs flatten and thin the lenses and also broaden the field of view at all distances.
5. There is an increase in the field of view at all distances as the progressive portion is placed on the backside of the lens.
6. Since freeform PAL designers recommend fitting heights in the mid-teen range, these lenses will fit in many small frames.
7. Freeform lenses accommodate unusual or atypical Rx’s (i.e., high-cylinder power, high-minus power), making wearing PALs easier.